The practice of keeping a daily log of activities, to-dos and ideas.
- outboarding things from short-term memory
- easier to "switch off"
- easier to conduct periodic project review and process reflection
- source material for longer-term notes or other writing, such as blogs
Create a good template in whatever note-taking medium you prefer.
Things to think about including:
- goals for the day
- key to-do reminders
- activities done, work completed
- things you noticed or learned
- any open questions that occur to you during the day
- blockers - i.e. things that disrupted or delayed your
Make it a key part of your daily practce - keep this note available and open.