Deeper learning is a growing movement of educators committed to better equipping students with the skills needed in the 21st century.
Key to this learning approach is empowering students to apply knowledge to real-world challenges using critical thinking, collaboration and communication skills, guided by their Curiosity.
The Deeper Learning movement has been promoted by the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation. To help define this movement, a specific set of educational outcomes were defined:
- Mastery of rigorous academic content
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- The ability to work collaboratively
- Effective oral and written communication
- Learning how to learn
- Developing and maintaining an academic mindset